AWS OpenShift 4 Cluster Quick Start Guide
OpenShift 4 now comes with an installer making it easier and simpler to setup an OpenShift Cluster. Before you run the installer you must first Configure AWS CLI locally and Configure your AWS account.
- 1.Creating Access Key for an IAM user
- 2.In the navigation pane, choose Users.
- 3.Choose the name of the user whose access keys you want to create, and then choose the Security credentials tab.
- 4.In the Access keys section, choose Create access key.
- 5.To view the new access key pair, choose Show. You will not have access to the secret access key again after this dialog box closes. Your credentials will look something like this: Access key ID: AKIAIOSFODNN7EXAMPLE Secret access key: wJalrXUtnFEMI/K7MDENG/bPxRfiCYEXAMPLEKEY
- 6.To download the key pair, choose Download .csv file. Store the keys in a secure location. You will not have access to the secret access key again after this dialog box closes.
- 7.After you download the .csv file, choose Close. When you create an access key, the key pair is active by default, and you can use the pair right away.
- 2.Create the ~/.aws folder
- 1.You should have 2 files in this folder, config and credentials. Notice your Access Key ID and Secrete Access Key will go in the credentials file. Example of these files: ~/.aws/config
[default] region=us-west-2 output=json~/.aws/credentials
[default] aws_access_key_id=AKIAIOSFODNN7EXAMPLE aws_secret_access_key=wJalrXUtnFEMI/K7MDENG/bPxRfiCYEXAMPLEKEY
- 1.Identify your domain, or subdomain, and registrar.
- 2.Create a public hosted zone for your domain or subdomain. See Creating a Public Hosted Zone in the AWS documentation.
- 1.Use an appropriate root domain, such as openshiftcorp.com, or subdomain, such as clusters.openshiftcorp.com
By default, each cluster creates the following instances:
- One bootstrap machine, which is removed after installation
- Three master nodes
- Three worker nodes